Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday >> In Honor

Waiting on Wednesday, April 25 2012
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that highlights the books you are most anticipating. This week's exciting soon-to-be-released read is In Honor by Jessi Kirby, due out May 8 from Simon & Schuster.


In Honor by Jessi Kirby

After the death of her enlisted brother, Finn, Honor opens the final letter he ever sent, and finds what appears to be his final request. She decides to take a road trip to California in her brother's memory, and, much to her dismay, is accompanied by Rusty, Finn's arrogant but gorgeous best friend, who insists on coming along for the ride. From Texas to California, the two unlikely companions find themselves making stops along the way, and sharing stories from Finn's life, bonding in the way only grief can bring. What secrets await them in California? From the author of Moonglass comes another, what I imagine will be, spectacular contemporary young adult novel, that is both humorous and heartbreaking.
Create your own Honor style, with these cowboy boots from Modcloth
What are you eagerly awaiting this week?

7 comments:

  1. Great pick! I was at the LA Times Book Festival this past weekend and was able to pick this up. I just started it, but it's already promising to be wonderful. And I'm giving away a signed copy on my blog, you should enter! (I've put the link below.)

    Also, I'm seeing your sidebar and the San Diego events - do you live in SD?? I do! And I'll be at the YA or Bust tomorrow, if you will be!

    My WoW | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will enter, thanks!

      And yes! I do live in SD and I should be at the event tomorrow night :D I want to get my copy of Lola and the Boy Next Door Signed!

      Delete
  2. I'm totally waiting on this. Awesome pick!=D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Road Trip novels! I really want to read some, seeing as so far I have only read.. one? And that was UF, too, so it doesn't really count, I suppose. XD

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this on looks awesome! I haven't heard of this but I may have to add it to my TBR list when it comes out!

    Sarah //My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHhhhhh I love those boots! As for the book, I was lucky enough to get an ARC and it was AMAZING!!!! I think you'll like it! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I can't wait to read it, now! I had lunch with the author at the Passion & Prose event this year, and she was such a cool person :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...